The school board took action towards building the new Wyncote Elementary
facility prior to the United States entrance into World War II. On March 18, 1941,
the township had condemned six acres of the former Gribell Estate at Church and
Rices Mill Roads for use as the new school. But the war delayed construction and
during the war years the kindergarten and first grades were housed at Thomas Williams
Junior High School because the former building on Greenwood Avenue had long been outgrown.
In 1947, the school district purchased additional land from the estate of Frank Schoble and
finally, on September 15, 1948, opened the new Wyncote School. The most recent construction
came in 1969, with the addition of new classrooms, a library, and a multi-use room.